Work in a meaningful 8:30-5:00 environment that serves our rural community and enjoy all the perks of Oregon and Washington in your free time!
Why work with MCCFL?
- $1500 Sign on Bonus for CADC (Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor) position
- Loan Repayment Location - HRSA!
- Relocation Assistance to the Columbia Gorge
- Loan Repayment for Oregon Behavioral Health Workers! (QMHP, QMHA, CADC, CGAC, CRM, PSS, ) - Application through OHA deadline: January 3, 2023
Classification General Statement:
The Alcohol and Drug Counselor 1 provides professional substance abuse disorder evaluation, treatment, referral, and monitoring services. This position requires a CADC 1 (Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor 1), and it provides services within the scope of that certification.
- Provide screening and assessment in the treatment of substance abuse disorders. Evaluate and screen clients in accordance with procedures and policy guidelines; verify personal information and records; determine level of care, education and treatment. Make referrals as necessary.
- Provide individual, group and family therapy services as appropriate.
- Coordinate client placement into residential treatment and/or transitional housing as necessary.
- Performs joint case planning and coordination in substance abuse treatment and prevention issues with other community agencies such as schools; group homes; community corrections and detention facilities; community hospitals; and other Department of Human Services programs.
- Provide timely and accurate clinical documentation utilizing Agency clinical software system; this includes treatment records, service plans, progress notes and other required documentation. Maintain the integrity of the electronic records system within the scope of practice.
- Provide screening and participate in the treatment of mental health issues. Actively participate in joint case planning and coordination with internal multi-disciplinary team and agency psychiatrists.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Participate in all team and agency meetings as scheduled.
Job Specifications: Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the position’s essential responsibilities is qualifying. This might typically include:
- Certification as CADC 1, OR CADC II
- Documented equivalence to CADC 1 certification standards (i.e. 1,000 hours supervised experience in substance abuse counseling, 150 contact hours of education and training in alcoholism and drug abuse related topics as required by MHACBO.org, and [if recovering] 2 years of sobriety) AND ability to achieve a passing score on the NCAC 1 national certification exam within 60 days of hire.
- Bilingual Spanish/English is preferred, and may be required for some positions
- Must pass all criminal history check requirements as required by ORS 181.536-181.537 and in accordance with OAR 407-007-0200 to 407-007-0370
- Must possess a valid Oregon or Washington Driver’s license, maintain an acceptable driving record, and be insurable for client service purposes and for travel between business offices, meetings and/or trainings. The successful applicant must be able to be approved to provide transportation for clients using Agency vehicles.
Position # 2023450
Position # 2023100