Come work for a team that is almost as diverse as the people we serve. As the front desk you are also the front line for an agency that serves a rural community. This is not your typical clerical job; you will interact with and support cliental and peers. This position is the face of MCCFL, and we look for those who strive to empower those around them.
We work in the spirit of charity and to make positive societal differences in people lives. So, if you are interested in growing your in your career, MCCFL supports personal growth and encourages a culture of promotion.
Business Services Specialist - Hood River Location - Spanish Speaking Preferred (5% language differential)
Work in a meaningful 8:30-5:00 environment that serves our rural community and enjoy all the perks of Oregon and Washington in your free time!
Why work with MCCFL?
- $1000 Sign on Bonus for BST (Business Services Specialist) position
- Loan Repayment Location - HRSA!
- Relocation Assistance to the Columbia Gorge
- Loan Repayment for Oregon Behavioral Health Workers! (QMHP, QMHA, CADC, CGAC, CRM, PSS, ) - Application through OHA deadline: January 3, 2023
Classification General Statement:
The Business Service Specialist performs a full range of clerical and administrative work in direct support of agency work
flow and clinical staff. This position performs a wide variety of standard office support duties including reception,
scheduling, posting payments, word processing and data entry. Specialized clerical duties may be added depending
upon location and programs supported.
Essential Responsibilities of the Classification: (The following list represents the essential responsibilities of the
position. It does not, however, include all of the duties the position may be assigned.)
• Provide general reception services in a clinic or office setting. Serve as initial contact for clients and visitors in-person
and by telephone. Greet arrivals and callers; screen and route calls; provide general information. Operate multi-line
telephone and voice mail system; ensure that calls are transferred and messages are properly delivered. Serve as
emergency call screener as assigned.
• Perform a variety of word processing duties. Prepare forms, correspondence, reports, letters, and other material from
rough draft or verbal instruction with reasonable speed, accuracy and timeliness.
• Maintain clinician scheduling in electronic system.
• Schedule client appointments; obtain completed intake paperwork; obtain insurance information for billing purposes.
Inform client of associated fees; collect and post payment; issue receipt. Review account with client and provide
explanations, as needed.
• Scan client documents into electronic health record; ensure that documents are properly scanned; ensure
confidentiality and security of all records within scope of responsibility.
• Open, date-stamp, and distribute incoming mail; prepare outgoing mail. Ensure that postage meter is loaded with
adequate postage to meet business needs.
• Assist clients with voter registration, as requested. Ensure that forms are complete; forward forms and records to
appropriate agencies; maintain associated records.
• Ensure that all office equipment is in proper working order; assist staff with troubleshooting equipment malfunctions;
report unresolvable issues to the Office Manager.
• Prepare the front office at the beginning and end of the business day; follow opening and closing procedures and
processes; ensure that confidential information is secure. Prepare bank deposits, as assigned.
• Provide back-up for other Business Service Specialists, as assigned.
• Regular and reliable attendance; timely and professional communication; confidentiality.
Job Specifications: Any qualifying combination of education, licensure and experience that demonstrates the ability to
perform the duties of the position is qualifying. This would typically include:
• High school diploma or GED and two (2) years of journey-level office support or secretarial experience.
• Accurate keyboarding of at least 40 words per minute.
• Relevant work experience in a medical setting is desired.
• Bilingual fluency Spanish/English is desired.
• Must possess a valid Oregon or Washington Driver’s license and be insurable for infrequent travel between business
offices, or possess an alternative reliable mode of transportation.
• Must pass all criminal history check requirements as required by ORS 181.536-181.537 and in accordance with OAR
407-007-0200 – 407-007-0370.