This position is responsible for managing the computers in the agency including purchasing, installation and providing desktop support to staff.
General Responsibilities: Manages the agency’s computers including purchasing, installing, and maintaining computer hardware and software. Troubleshoots user problems and provides general support to users. Specific functions include:
- Purchase servers, desktop equipment, laptops, and software in consultation with Information Systems Director.
- Microsoft / Novell Server administration.
- Maintain software and hardware inventory databases.
- Desktop support for our staff (Software including Anasazi, hardware, and networks)
- Setup, deploy, and maintain McAfee EPO Server and clients - 120+ nodes.
- Set up staff workstations and other technology used by staff.
Assists Information Systems Director as necessary with the following:
- Assist in Implementation of SonicWall routers and VPN appliances.
- Support video conferencing between remote sites.
- Policy-based user and workstation administration.
- Support for remote access to our network using remote VPN's and Citrix
- Deploy & Setup windows Servers, Citrix Servers, Novell OES / Linux Servers
- Setup remote offices to allow VPN connections back to central office, including Home Office's
- Assists with system planning, technical assistance/training to MCCFL staff including formalized and ad hoc training for staff on MCCFL’s current network and computer systems.
- Performs other projects as assigned.
Job Specifications Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the position’s essential responsibilities is qualifying. This might typically include:
- Associate degree in a computer related field with three (2) years’ relevant experience in PC operation and maintenance, and network administration and maintenance; OR
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Working knowledge and expertise with a variety of software, hardware, and applications.
- Experience with active directory and Microsoft Suite administration is required
- Experience with creating VLAN and WAN and experience with Wordpress (preferred)
- Willingness to solve complicated problems and see projects through to completion.
- Analytical skills to study problems and records and identify solutions.
- Team-orientated attitude to help other colleagues and departments with technical problems.
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to manage time and effectively prioritize numerous projects at one time.
- Must pass all criminal history check requirements as required by ORS 181.536-181.537 and in accordance with OAR 407-007-0200 to 407-007-0370.
Position # 2023540