Telehealth Visits at Mid-Columbia Center for Living
Telehealth uses video and audio technologies to provide health care services remotely and manage your health care.
Teletherapy is the provision of behavioral therapy services. These telecommunications technology services can be delivered in a live, interactive communication.
MCCFL is currently offering this service to clients using the Microsoft Teams software. Microsoft Teams enables simple, secure HIPAA compliant collaboration and communication with chat, video and voice capabilities. Download Teams for free now!
What equipment do I need to join a session?
To join a session via Telehealth with your clinician you’ll need:
- An email address
- A computer, tablet, or mobile phone with…
- An external or integrated webcam
- An external or integrated microphone.
You can check your computer’s quality, media access and connectivity here.
For an optimal experience, it’s recommended to use an internet connection with a bandwidth of at least 10 MBPS. You can check your internet connection here.
How do I join our session?
It’s as easy as clicking the unique link sent to you in an email by your provider. Join your session from a mobile phone, tablet, or computer. Just click the email link, Join as a guest, enter your name, and Join.
Teams meetings are best when you join them from the Teams app or Teams on the web—Join by a link from your computer, or from your mobile device.
Follow these links for instructions on connecting to your session using Microsoft Teams
Step by step directions to download the Teams app on a computer or laptop
Helpful Hints for a successful session using Telehealth
- Shut down all background applications to ensure Teams receives the majority of your internet’s bandwidth, especially applications that use your camera.
- Make sure your audio and video are working.
- Find a quiet, private location if possible
- Check your lighting
- Write down problems and questions ahead of time
- Consider using headphones